Saturday 24 September 2011

The Tree of Life

 
 Starring: Brad Pitt and Sean Penn

Story of a Texas family in the 50's as they deal with the loss of one of their sons. A depiction of life.

- Visually, this movie is STUNNING. The audio is haunting. This movie is going to be way too deep for most people and I think a lot of people will turn it off halfway through. It is stunning, but that is not enough to capture the general public's attention for long.

- Someone PLEASE explain to me why, in the middle of the movie, that dinosaur steps on that other little dinosaurs head and what it had to do with this movie? I only went to a few Philosophy classes at university, so I'm assuming I missed something that would have helped me with that.

- Just for the record, I strongly suggest no one watch this movie while on mushrooms or LSD!

Rating - 2.5 out of 5 (just for the incredible visuals - amazing)

1 comment:

  1. Well I haven't seen this yet but after a review that makes me laugh/spew coffee all over my keyboard, I'd adding it to the list.

    Thanks for a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete