Friday 23 September 2011

Why "RAW" Movie Reviews?


Why did I call it "RAW" movie reviews? Because all of the movie reviews I read basically say the same things and it usually doesn't matter what they say because it is all subjective. The reviews are usually "clinical" and clean. I mean seriously, the so called "critics" trashed Titanic and it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Sure it was cheezy and sappy, but I was in the mood for a cheezy and sappy movie and apparently, so where millions of others.


I figured - I like to write and I DEFINITELY love to watch movies...LOTS of movies, so why shouldn't I be writing reviews? I'm not sure how many movies most "reviewers" watch in a year, but I'm pretty sure I watch as many, if not more, than most. I have been watching and critiquing movies for many years and I understand what makes a movie popular and I also know what makes a movie good (and yes, there is a difference).

My reviews will be raw - hard hitting and direct. If you don't agree with my review, that is completely all right. You have the right to your opinion and I would love to hear your opinion. Post your comments (be nice), but remember if they are vulgar or unnecessarily cruel, I will remove them (that is one of the benefits of being the creator of this blog. If you don't like it, go and create your own blog and write whatever you want).

Don't expect too much in-depth dialogue about why I rated the movie the way I did - no one cares. Most people just want to know if the movie sucked or not and why. Brief and to the point. That is what I will give you.
Comments are always welcome and appreciated.

"Turn off that cell phone!"

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment